Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Faith Friday Time!!

It's happened to everyone at some point.  The week starts out with great fellowship then Monday comes and Satan starts working on you.  He drags you down deeper and deeper.  Wednesday night comes and gives you a little help, but then Satan's back at it ten times worse on Thursday.  Your week's getting worse by the minute and you start to wonder if you're going to make it to Sunday.

On Fridays we're committing to hopefully giving you that boost you need to making it to Sunday.  We can't promise we won't occasionally make you think deep thoughts, but for the most part we want to encourage you in your walk with God.  We call it Faith Friday.


This week I get to talk about my favorite chapter ever: Psalm 121.  It is an extremely powerful verse for me.

From the YouVersion app (NIV):

1 "I lift up my eyes to the mountains--where does my help come from?"

This is the MelissaVersion:  "My babies didn't go to sleep until 10 last night, it's now 3 am and they've been awake since 1 crying for no reason, I have bus duty in the morning and the computer ate my lesson plans--what am I gonna do?"

We all know this is Satan trying to get us down, wearing our patience thin so we take out anger on others.  Of course, that's not exactly what I'm thinking about at 3 in the morning, this is several weeks after that.

Everybody needs hope when there doesn't seem to be any.  This is why we have the rest of that passage.

2 "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."

YES!  This is exactly what I need to hear every time I get close to the edge of the pit that Satan likes to drag me towards.  This is the equivalent of me giving Satan the raspberries, going 'nah, nah, nah, nah, boo, boo,' and laughing in his face.  Satan's got nothing now.


No comments:

Post a Comment