Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Easy Potato Soup

 My Gommy Bradley used to make the best potato soup.

Big sis (Jenny), myself (pregnant with twins), Gommy Bradley, lil sis (Boo)

I would hike up a mountain in the rain just to have her recipe. (And that's huge since I hate the outdoors!)
For the past few years I've  had to wait for Thanksgiving or Christmas for my mom-in-law to make me a jar of her fabulous potato goodness.

I know what you're thinking- Is it so hard to try to make it yourself?
And here's my answer- YES! I am that lazy!
But not anymore. Thank goodness for Pinterest.

I love recipes that I don't have to stress about. This potato soup is an easy dump-and-go recipe! Check out {THIS} site to see where I found it!


1 bag shredded hash browns
3 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped onions 
( I don't touch onions. I find mine in the freezer section)
1 box cream cheese- not low fat or it won't melt!
black pepper (to taste)

1. Dump the hash browns, chicken broth, chicken soup, onions, and black pepper into the crock pot.
2. Cook it 6-8 hours. (I put mine in for 10 hours and it was fine)
3. The last hour- stir in the cream cheese. 
4. Serve! Add shredded cheddar cheese or bacon bits on top if desired. 
** I dumped the bag of bacon bits into the soup when I added the cream cheese. It was F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!**

To go with the soup I made homemade bread! That's right! From scratch!


I scratched open the box, scratched open the beverage of choice (with this bread you can use either beer or any carbonated beverage) poured it in, mixed it and VOILA! I love Tastefully Simple!


So, I've mastered potato soup, next.... THE WORLD!

Thank you to Aunt Beth for coming today for a visit! You make a wonderful guinea pig!




1 comment:

  1. But when you DO get that old-timey, family-tested, time-honored recipe, please do pass it on. It can't be THAT hard!

    In the meantime, your dump recipe sounds yummy!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete