*A lot of these ingredients can be traded for fresh- like the chicken and the spinach. But if you're a can user like me, this recipe is really good!*
Pasta (your pick)
2 cans of chunk chicken (or buy fresh and cook and cut it up yourself)
Spinach (can or fresh)
Chopped onions (as much as you like. I used about a cup)
Olive oil (to saute)
Garlic power (to saute)
Shredded cheese (not pictured and optional)
1. Start boiling water for the pasta. Preheat oven to 350.
We make this last 2-3 days by breaking the pasta in half before boiling it. That doubles the amount of pasta!
2. Saute the onions in olive oil and garlic powder
3. Drain chicken really well, use a fork to break up the pieces, and add to the onions.
4. Drain the spinach REALLY WELL and add to the chicken and onions.
5. Add the Alfredo sauce.
Let this simmer while you finish boiling and draining the pasta.
6. Drain pasta and pour it into a greased 9x13 pan.
7. Pour the chicken and spinach mixture on top if the pasta.
** Stop adding ingredients here if you still love your arteries**
8. Add cheese on top of everything. (tee-hee. My arteries love me)
9. Cover and bake for 20 min. After 20 min, uncover and finish baking for 10 min or until the cheese is a nice brown color.
Dig in and chow down!
I'm never really sure if Hubby is going to like my recipes, so we have a code word for "Please don't ever make this again". The word is INTERESTING. He's never allowed to say my cooking is bad, but he can say it's "Interesting" and I'll know to never make the dish again.