Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chocolate Banana Bread

Melissa told me once that she made banana bread out of 3 bananas and a box of cake mix. My mind was BLOWN! Here I was, pulling out the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook whenever I wanted some banana bread.

Sorting out ingredients, chasing away the kids who wanted to play with all the measuring cups and spoons.... it's exhausting! Not that the bread turned out badly, it was very tasty! Just more time consuming than I can handle on a regular basis.

So, I wanted to test Melissa's recipe for banana bread. The only problem was that I didn't have a yellow cake mix, all I had was devil's food. And whoever heard of mixing chocolate and bananas?! (tee-hee)

Here's what I have:

1 box cake mix
3 large bananas (mashed)
bread pan
I had to add 1tb of water since the mixture was very thick. I have a feeling that if I used a yellow mix I wouldn't have had to add extra water.

1. Mix ingredients
2. Put in a pan- it was very thick!
3. Cook at 350 for an hour.
If you use a different pan (like a cake pan) then you can follow the cooking directions on the box.

Easy-cheesy! And look how well it turned out!

My kids were very excited about the prospect of chocolate cake after their dinner! My oldest son, The Kid, is a very picky eater, but he gobbled up chocolate banana bread! (cake... I mean cake!)

Of course, I had to add a few extra things to make my serving a little more healthy. It needed some dairy. And a little extra chocolate to make it pleasing to the eye.

Bon Appetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment