Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Faith Friday- Renewal

It's summer vacation, and you'd think that I'd be rested and relaxed.

You'd be wrong. Rested and relaxed are not in my vocabulary, especially when dealing with 3 hyperactive kids. (as seen here with Hubby)


They are the light of my life, however I have occasionally looked for a traveling band of gypsies to donate them to.

I get bogged down. I get worn out. I get a feeling of inadequacy.
What was God thinking, giving these souls to me to watch after? Was He not paying attention to the sins I committed in the past? (or maybe He did pay attention and this is my pay-back..... hmmmmm... that might take some looking in to.) I can only hope that I've learned the lessons I need in order to raise them properly.

One lesson came unexpectedly yesterday morning. Look at these guys...

A mommy and daddy bird made this nest months ago. You are looking at the 5 little birdies that hatched a little over a week ago. Cute, huh? I took this picture on Monday when the kids and I were playing on the front porch.
(frozen water with "treasures" in it, and some wooden excavation tools. Lasted for hours!)

The baby birds didn't cry out. They didn't bother us at all. And we, in turn, left them to their own devices. So, imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I got home from walking with Melissa and saw this!

Out of their nest and in the corner of the porch. Not scared of me or the world in general. Taking their time and figuring things out for themselves.

They don't have all the answers, and Mom and Dad aren't around to show them the way, but they are brave enough to look life in the eye and say, "Ok, World! Look out! Here I come!"

I want to be like these birds. I want to be able to look at my kids the way these birds look at the world. I don't have all the answers, but I'm going to be confident in my abilities. I'm going to flounder, I'm going to lose my way (and my temper), but I'm going to have a goal in mind. Nap time.

And when everyone wakes up, I'm going to be renewed and ready for the rest of the day. :)

Isaiah 40:31

New International Version (NIV)
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment