Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Faith Friday- Mama said...

 Psalm 139: 13-16
 13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb

 (old pic of the twins)
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

You know, there are times I really feel like karma is a real thing. I might have been a difficult child growing up, and I remember my mother saying things like, "One of these days, you'll have a kid just like you." But I never thought it would happen.

Look at this face.

Two weeks old. I remember loving this time of The Kid's life. Bottles, diapers, burpings, and snuggles. I'm not sure what I did all day except stare at this little bundle of happiness. (Actually, I do remember. Laundry, dishes, and tearing my hair out...)

5 years later and I'm wishing we could go back to the 'no talking' days.

And the thing is, I know my mom probably wished the same thing when my sisters and I were growing up. Especially when it came to my younger sister, but that's another story.

little sis, me, big sis

My point is this- if you read the verse above it says that God had all of my days written in His book before I was even physically put on this Earth. I'm not going to go into predestination or anything like that, but think about it. God knew exactly who and what I was going to be before I was even a twinkle in my mother's eye.

Not only that, but I am fearfully and wonderfully made! My students would agree to the fearfully, and Hubby better agree to the wonderfully.

Here's another one:

Jeremiah 1:5

New International Version (NIV)
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. ”

I don't know about the prophet part, but I do believe that each of us is set aside for different purposes. Even at such young ages, I can see different personality traits that shine through each one of my kids. I just need to teach them to use their powers for good and not evil.

When I think of those verses I can remind myself that everything that comes at me is part of His plan. The children I was blessed (and I am blessed) with are mine for a reason. They are stars in my life, and even when they are throwing tantrums, they shine brightly. Loudly, but brightly. I don't know what's down the road for them, but God does.

And, while there isn't a guidebook for parenting, I'm glad to know that God has a book with my children's lives in it. I can only imagine what wonderful things are in store for my precious angel blessings.

 p.s. I only call them precious angel blessings when they get on my nerves. I'm trying to speak the sweetness into existence. The house is loud right now due to bath and bed time. *sigh*

Mama said there'd be days like this.



1 comment:

  1. So nice to be quoted--and taken seriously (finally!). Would you believe me if I told you even better days are yet to come?

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete