Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

I'm from the south and I didn't know how to make chicken and dumplings until just recently. I should have my G.R.I.T.S. card revoked. (That's Girls Raised In The South- for those of you who were wondering)

I found the recipe {HERE}and decided to test it out. Here's what attracted me to the recipe:
1. fast
2. easy
3. no real talent required!

Boneless/ skinless chicken breast (3-4)
2 cans cream of chicken
1 can chicken broth
1 tb parsley (or however much you want)
1 chopped onion (or 1 cup of the frozen stuff I use)
2 tb butter
1 can of flaky biscuits (you'll only need 4 of them)
*Black pepper (to taste)*
It's not in the original recipe, but I felt it needed a little something when the Hubby and I were eating it. 
If you decide to use all of the biscuits, you'll need to add another can of chicken broth to the recipe.

1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray
2. Add chicken


3. Add soup, broth, onion, butter, parsley, and pepper


4. Cook 4-6 hours- use a fork to break up the chicken pieces


5. During the last hour, cut up 4 of the biscuits into pieces and add them to the pot.


6. Let the biscuits cook in the pot for the last hour.


7. Enjoy!

Hubby and I loved the recipe, and I'll have enough for my lunch and dinner again tomorrow! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. This tastes great!!! Thanks for sharing leftovers at lunch! I am trying this for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete