Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Faith Friday

So tonight while at girls' night we talked about guys, and dating, and crummy relationships.  In the middle of this I realize that most of us don't have fairy tale stories even if we do end up with a prince.  Let's face it, most of those Disney princesses didn't have an easy time of it either.  If they didn't have an easy time of it, what chance do the rest of us have?

None.  Bad things happen to good people and bad people.  That whole it rains on the just and unjust thing.

We actually have an advantage over those Disney princesses.  Those princesses had to go through all of those awful things and not know if their dreams would come true in the end. Good news for us!  Our prince has already claimed us.  I don't know if I could do half the things I do if I didn't know for sure it would be all right at the end.  I would be an awful Disney princess.  But I have faith in Jesus, the Prince of Peace.  He has already won the battle for me and it makes it a little easier to go through some of the tough parts of life when I know I'll get my fairy tale ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment