Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Easy Mexican Chicken

Okay, so I seriously thought about doing a post on heating up Spaghetti-O's.  That's the kind of mood I'm in today.  Unfortunately I have to feed others too sometimes.  So this is the next best thing unless you heat up enough cans of Spaghetti-O's for everyone.  With two Thing 1 and Thing 2 crawling around sometimes the only way to guarantee that dinner will be ready on time is to get out that slow cooker.  My idea of a good slow cooker meal is one where you don't have to precook anything and can put frozen meat straight in without thawing.  You know, the kind of meal where you forgot to thaw the meat and only have 5 minutes or less to assemble everything.  I have no idea where this recipe came from, but I promise I didn't come up with it.

For this recipe you need:

frozen chicken
1 can of corn (mexicorn works great)
1 can of black beans
1/2 cup or more of salsa
1 package of taco seasoning



To put together:


Line the slow cooker with a liner and spray with cooking spray.  I always use cooking spray even if it's soup, I'm just paranoid like that.  Put the chicken in then empty the package of taco seasoning on top of chicken.



Pour on the corn and beans then top with as much salsa as you like.



I always set my slow cooker to finish about when my husband gets home from work, but I would cook on low at least 8 hours.

If you are feeling fancy you can make cornbread from a box or the boil a bag rice.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Who gets to eat the samples?

    Love,
    Jossy's mom and Melissa's "mom"

    ReplyDelete