Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2018

It's been a minute... a post from Jocelyn

It's been a minute, huh?

And by 'a minute' I mean 2 years. It's been 2 years, y'all.

So, what's happened in the last two years?
Well, I had kid #4 in 2015, so she's grown a little (lot), and I resigned from my position as a classroom teacher and I'm now working at my kids' daycare as a lead teacher in the toddler room. (BTW- I LOVE it!!)



I'm dealing with less stress, getting to love on littles every day, and I have more time to be me.
With that in mind, I've really gotten back into sewing.

When I was still in the classroom, I started sewing as an anxiety release, and it worked wonders. I'd come home, grab some fabric (usually a jelly roll, or yardage I'd cut into 2.5" strips) and do some mindless sewing to release some tension. There's just something so rewarding about sewing with no real intention, but having a bright, colorful end product; like a quilt for example.



In the beginning I told my hubby it'd only be a hobby, and to not worry because, "It's cheaper than therapy." 😂 Little did I know...


Now my sewing is a passion; still in the 'hobby' stage, but I'm hoping to expand. I've started at Etsy site (Delk Designs by Jocelyn) where you can find items I've made for purchase; mostly totes and baby items.
I also have a Facebook site where you'll find pictures of custom orders I've made and sold, along with pictures of fabrics I have available for custom orders. (Delk Designs by Jocelyn on Facebook)

It's true what they say- every time you order something from a small business, the owner does a happy dance. I've been blessed with 'happy dances' since opening my shop.
However, I still get anxious when someone buys something and I ship the item off.
What if they don't like it?
What if they don't think it was worth the price?
What if...
What if...
What if...

I've seen, though, that my anxiety is completely unfounded. And, if anything, my anxiety has made me be more aware of my work and encouraged me to really take my time.
My customers have been happy with their purchases. I've had repeat customers. I'm happy with the World.

Along with my sewing, I hope to also get back into the swing of blogging. I've missed it! I'm hoping to share some sewing tutorials (quick and easy projects cause ain't nobody got time for crazy in-depth stuff) and just share the shenanigans that happen as part of daily life.

I also plan on getting Melissa back into the swing of it too... (insert evil laughter here) 😏

SO, here's to sewing, and blogging, and mommying, and teaching, and being as awesome as our little minions will allow. We got this, y'all. You'll be hearing from us again soon! (Sooner than 2 more years) 😉


1 comment: