Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas

I'm not really sure if they really are enchiladas, but you use tortillas, so it's related!

I made these for Hubby and the kids and it was a huge hit! I modified a recipe that I saw on Pinterest for my own evil purposes! (evil laughter here) For the original recipe, click {HERE}

All the ingredients I used were either low fat or low sodium- or both if available. 

2 cans chicken 
(the picture shows 3, but I only needed 2)
2 box frozen spinach- thawed
1 can corn (drained)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
flour tortillas (or corn- your preference)
1/4 package of taco seasoning
shredded cheese
******************************************************************
Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking dish with cooking spray

1. Combine the chicken, corn, and spinach in a bowl


2. Place mixture in the tortillas and top with cheese


3. Roll them up and place in a 9x13 baking dish


4. Mix the cream soups in a small bowl and add the taco seasoning. (only 1/4 of the package) Spread the soup on top.


5. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 40-45 min


Yummy!



I made this again as a vegetarian dish and used 2 cream of mushroom soups, and substituted the chicken with a can of black beans and a can of mushrooms. De-lish!


No comments:

Post a Comment